Saturday, April 9, 2011

Picture Frame Earring Holder

Happy Saturday Everyone!
I saw this awesome fantastic earring holder my sweet, friend Leah made, and I had to share.. I love this because she used such a big frame, and I so need this for all the jewelry I have been creating. Not to mention it is super easy  and inexpensive to make,
( two of my Favorite things)..

 Things You need
 1.Picture Frame 
2. Screen
3. Staple gun
4. Paint of your choice
5.Sand paper
6.About and hour


 1. Find a great picture frame. Use one from home or buy one from goodwill or salvation army.  I got mine from Salvation Army for 18$  it was huge, but I have tons of earrings!! 
2. Remove the inside parts from the frame.
3. Next I slightly sanded and spray painted the frame to the color I wanted (black). I used Rustoleum spray paint.
4. Let it dry. I waited till the next day.
5. The next day I turned the frame upside down and used the staple gun to staple porch screen that we already had, to the inside edge, trying to keep it taunt. (Would probably be easier with some help to pull the screen.)
6. Trim the edges.
7. Attach your picture hanger of choice. Mine came with a wire that reattached.. You could use wire or a metal bracket type.
8. Next hang in your fav spot!

I also had the idea that you could do a smaller version with a smaller frame that has a leg prop, then you could have it near your dressing area or in a spot that you tend to "throw" your jewelry to help keep it organized.





WOW! isn't  this the most fabulous thing? 
I LOVE how big it is.
I have been wanting one of these to put all my earrings on.
You did such a great job Leah!!
Thank you so much for sending this to me, and letting me share this with everyone.
Happy Saturday Everyone!  
Enjoy Every Minute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites