Wednesday, April 6, 2011

1 Hour, 3 Necklaces, $7.00

It's our Wednesday Blog Party! To get things started, I have an easy and so cheap necklace tutorial.  Wanted a necklace similar to the ones I'd seen in Anthropologie but didn't want to spend the money.  For less than four bucks I made the necklace below.

First an explanation- I needed a simple silver chain and figured I'd find one around the house.  Wrong.  Had zero luck finding anything I could use so it was off to the dollar store.  There I found some chains but nothing that would work for the necklace.  Decided to go with a dog choke collar.  I know, sounds stupid but actually it turned out cute!  It's a little heavy but the material is so light, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Here are my materials for all three necklaces:

TOTAL:  Less than $7.00, can't beat that for three necklaces!

Cut strips, about 1 1/2 wide, 4 inches long.

Pushed them through the holes on the chain with dull pencil.

Tied a double knot.  Worked my way around.

Finished product!  Less than $4.00.

This was fun and easy to make, took me less than twenty minutes.  Word of caution, this thing sheds like a golden retriever so you may want to wear it around for a day and let all the little extra fibers fall out before you put it on over something black.  Here the pics and links to the other two necklaces I made today.



The necklace on the left is so pretty and easy!  You saw above the flowers in my material list and probably wondered what those were for.  I bought them for this necklace and it was so easy!  I used the long silver chain in my materials and just removed the big plastic medallion that it came with. The necklace on the right was fun to make too, instead of lace I used the same material from the first necklace I made and wrapped those into flowers.  I skipped the bead in the middle but either way looks beautiful I think.
 
Now it's your turn!  Click here to join the Blog Party and post your craft, product, or recipe.  Some of the projects will be showcased this Saturday.  Don't forget to mingle at the party!

Have an idea? Share it here by posting a comment below. Let's all help each other out.
Don't miss our blog party! Every Wednesday with the best projects showcased on Saturday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites