Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wedding Hair, volume 1

Some great ideas for wedding day hair that you should steal from the knot.  Now the trick is, how can you do these hairstyles yourself, or better yet, how can you get your sister to learn how to do these tricks on your hair?  I have some ideas, but I want you to share yours too in the comments.  If a bride is on a strict budget and needs some DIY hair ideas, what tricks do you know?

Here are my top seven favorite styles to get us started.  You'll notice I'm a fan of hair-down styles.



 


I'm definitely not opposed to fake hair on your wedding day.  I used a clip of hair to bring out some body in mine, and why not?  Do you realize how long your wedding day will be?  You'll be getting ready at the crack of dawn and celebrating until the wee hours of the morning.  You're going to have to bring in the big guns.  I also like the idea of using flower accessories to add extra umph if your hair is fine like mine.  Simple headbands are really cute.  In my opinion, complicated and intricate hair designs should be avoided.  Simple and elegant is the way to go.

Here are some products I found that may help the lovely brides get that gorgeous hair for their wedding, without the hefty price tag.

Set of 12 Hot Water Curlers Gel Infused Just Heat - 1 Inch  Conair 5-in-1 Style Set (Color May Vary)  Chignon Brown Medium Hair Donut ** 3.5" X 1.5" ** Scunci Faux Hair Curly Jaw Clip Extension In Dark Brunette, 20-Inch

The donut idea is awesome, I've done it before and it looks so cute.  My advice is to still back-comb and then smooth out your ponytail, then put it through the donut, pin down the hair (maybe taking most of it to the bottom and only enough to cover the piece for the top), and don't worry, the donuts come in all kinds of hair colors so you can find one that matches closely and not have to worry about it showing through.

Have an idea? Share it here by posting a comment below. Let's all help each other out.
Don't miss our blog party! Every Wednesday with the best projects showcased on Saturday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites