Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to make really good chicken noodle soup.  I'm actually a little embarrassed to admit that since chicken noodle soup is not especially hard to make. My problem was that it was either too bland, or the the chicken was too tough or the veggies weren't cooked long enough.  Finally, I figured it out.

Over the weekend I made a huge pot of warm homemade chicken noodle soup and I finally got it right.  Now, as I type this post it is mid-April and you may think a hot bowl of soup on a sunny spring evening seems weird but I live in Minnesota and this week we're supposed to get a foot of snow.  In April.  A week before Easter.  A foot.  Of snow.  Awesome.

So here's my quick and easy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe.  Enjoy!

Ingredients
16 oz. Swanson Chicken Broth (or whatever kind you'd like)
1 bunch of celery
3 large carrots
1 large bag of wide egg noodles
1 rotisserie chicken
Salt and pepper
3 cups of water

How I made it
I got two pots ready, a medium and a large pot.  I boiled water in the medium pot, and poured the chicken broth and the 3 cups of water in the large pot and heated over a medium heat.

While I waited for the water to boil, I chopped up the celery and carrots then added them to the water when it was ready.

I turned up the heat on the chicken broth mixture and when it was almost at a boil, I added the noodles.  I then moved quickly to the rotisserie chicken and pulled off the meat in small pieces with a fork and knife and added to the chicken broth/noodle pot.

Once the noodles were done, I added the cooked veggies, stirred and heated for just a couple more minutes and sprinkled in a little salt and pepper to taste.

I served with garlic and Parmesan french bread and it was delicious!  It made enough to serve big helpings to six people.

Have an idea? Share it here by posting a comment below. Let's all help each other out.
Don't miss our blog party! Every Wednesday with the highlights showcased on Saturday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites