Monday, April 11, 2011

Project Re-Style #15

Happy Monday Everyone.!
Welcome to week number 15 of my project Re-Style challenge.
If you are just joining me, 
Welcome!  
I do a Re-Style  of something I have in my closet and make it new, every Monday.  I Re-Style other things also, but on Mondays, I try and do the easiest, most economical Re-Style.   All the details of Project Re-Style will be at the end of this post.  I hope, if anything,  this will get you to start thinking,
"Ahh!! don't throw it away Re-Style it."
That is what is has done for me.
This weeks Re-Style is
a Plain Gold Clutch to a Fringe Clutch.


Ok, lets get started.
  Sooooo,I know what your thinking,  another clutch? I must have gone on a clutch binge about two years ago.  I have never worn this one. I bought it at Forever 21 for  some ridiculous price $2.50 on sale.  I always feel if it is only $2.50, I have to buy it.  Well I took little Miss  gold clutch  and made her just a tad fringe~ y .  This was Really, Super, duper, easy and makes the clutch completely different, and more fun. 

Tutorial
Difficulty: Easy 
Things You Need
1.Old Clutch
2.Material for fringe (I used the left over Leather from my bomber Jacket) but I think any material will do.
You could also use fringe trim already made
3. Hot Glue Gun
4.Ribbon
5.Gold acrylic paint( Wal-mart- craft dept 89 cents) 
6. Small paint brush.


The first thing I did was cut out my fringe.  I used the left over leather from my bomber jacket. I cut 4 equal pieces, length and width

 Then I placed a line of glue on the lower part of the flap and then placed my first row of fringe. 
The Blue Line represents the Hot glue.

 Then I Placed my second layer of fringe down.  I experimented with the distance.   When I decided where I wanted it, I marked it with a pin.
Then I put a second line of glue and placed my second layer of fringe.

 I did the same with the third Layer of fringe.  A line of Glue, then the Fringe.

 Then I opened up the purse and put the last line of glue and placed the last line of fringe, right under the snaps.

I stopped here, 
but I was going to hot glue some gold  ribbon across the top.  
I still might; but for now I like it without.
I also painted my leather  with gold acrylic paint.

 This is what it looked like before I painted it.

  And this is After.
 How Fun is this?

YAY!!! 
 Just a short video of the end product.
I would love to  know if you like this video Idea.

That's it 
All Done.

15 down 37 to go!

Click HERE for all the details on 
Project Re-Style.

I Hope Everyone has a Fantastic Monday!
Go and Make Something:) 
<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites