Monday, March 21, 2011

Project Re-Style #12

Happy Monday Everyone!  
Mondays are now my favorite day of the week because I get to share with you something that I have Re-Styled in my closet. If you are just now tuning in , I am part of  Project Re-style, from the blog, a Beautiful Mess. Fifty two, that's right, 52 weeks of Re-Styling something old into something new.  
Sound fun? 
All the info is at the end of this post. I am one of many doing this, but I have made a vow to myself that I will be doing One Re-Style every  Monday, no skipping.  It is kind of  a little  personal goal I  have.   I hope you follow me while I Re-Style my entire closet. 
Ready? 
Here we go.

T-Shirt turned into a Shrug!


I saw this Idea on Cut out and Keep
I thought it was a great way to Re-Style an old T shirt.  I also thought  it would be a cute shrug for a little girl.







 This one, I made just a little different.
I will show you how I did both.:)
Super Easy
Tutorial

Things You Need.
1.Old T-Shirt
2.Sewing Machine
3.Scissors
4.About a Half of an Hour
5.Ribbon



Take your shirt and cut along the red dotted line, cutting out the collar..
then hem one inch around for the casing , marked in red.

 Take your ribbon, or I used the bottom hem of a gray T -Shirt, and thread it through using a safety pin, or I tied mine onto the bottom of a knitting needle and put it through that way.

Flowers:

For the flowers, I just cut out 4 circles of T-shirt material,  stacked them up and sewed them all together with a pearl in the middle. 
Super Easy.

On the Pink one, I just cut a straight line down the middle, hemmed one inch on each side, and threaded the ribbon up through the bottom and then back down through the other side. 
It makes a circle  when you draw it all up.
And that is it.
Project Re-Style number 12 all done.
Click on the picture for all the details about
Project Re-Style.

12 down 40 to go.


Have a Wonderful Monday Everyone!
I hope to see you back next Monday for number 13.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites