Thursday, March 3, 2011

Placemat Clutch

I picked this placemat up from Wal- Mart for $1.50, and as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to make a clutch out of it, I just wasn't sure how.  I went home,  played with it, drew out some pictures over one of our coffee times and this is what I came up with.  
Many trial and errors. 
But it turned out exactly the way I pictured it.  
I used part of a belt that E <my researcher> gave me to finish it off.  
These are the Spring and Summer colors that I am drawn to this year, the Greens, Tans, Blues, with wood accents.  I have one more idea for a summer clutch,  but that will be another post.






 This is How I Made It.

Tutorial
Things You Need


1.Round Placemat
2. Magnetic Clasp I got some for $1.99 at Joanne's Fabric.
3.Contrasting material
4.Embellishments
5 Sewing Machine
6.Patience



Or you can hem the opening before you bring up the sides.
 Fold over the gray part of the circle, Measure for the other snap and follow the instructions from 
HERE Everything Mary.Com


Now stitch the placemat on the dotted lines,
 And add the embellishments you want.  
I added part of a cloth belt with fringe for detail.
 




I am so glad I kept trying this vision I had . 
Sometimes, you have to step away from something and come back later.
Clothes post later, I hope!
Happy Thursday!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites