Monday, February 28, 2011

Project Re-Style #9

Happy Monday Everyone!
We are on Week number 9 of our Project Re-Style Challenge.  If you are joining my Blog for the first time, I am doing A Restyle of something old or that doesn't fit, every week for one year.   Monday is  my Re-Style day!  That's right, 52 weeks of Re-Styling. ~ I am starting to LOVE Mondays~
Sound fun ?  All the details will be at the end of this post.

This weeks Re-Style is  a skirt that I have had about a year.  It was really long and really big, (4 inches too big). So instead of it  just sitting in my closet or me giving it away, I decided to make it shorter and tighter.
It is such a great Spring color, and now it is full and bouncy and fun. 
I  can't wait to wear it.
So here is my tutorial and please bear with me,
tutorials are hard to do sometimes.


Here is what I did.

 I turned it inside out.
 I ripped out the slip and zipper.
 I made the slip smaller to fit me, and  reattached the zipper to the slip, so  I could use it under my new skirt.

 I took the skirt and cut it to the length that I wanted.
Then with the material I cut off, I  folded that in half and made a tube for the elastic band, i left an  opening to thread the elastic through.   I measured my waist and cut a piece of elastic to fit me, and threaded it through the opening.  Then I stitched the elastic together, and closed  the opening with an invisible stitch.



 I turned my skirt inside out , Placed the band on the inside of the skirt and pinned it to the skirt.
~ gathering the material to make it match up. 
Then  I sewed the band to the skirt.

  This is how short I made the skirt, and the pink skirt is how the top of the skirt  looked before.


And we are all done!
9 down 43 to Go
Click the Picture above for all the details.

Thank you for joining me for this weeks Re-Style.
I Hope I see you next week for number 10.
Have a super Great Monday Everyone! 
Go Out and Re-Style Something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites