Monday, February 7, 2011

Project Re-Style #6

Welcome to Project Restyle #6.  I can not believe it is week 6 in my Project Re-Style Journey.  If you are just tuning in,  I do a Re-Style Project every Monday.  All the details are going to be at the end of this Post.  
 So here we Go.  
I found this tank top  hidden away, deep in the bottom of my drawer.  This was a perfect Re-Style Project for this week because it is PINK,  just in time for Valentine's Day.  My good Friend E was so sweet and  gifted me the shirt for the ruffles.  I was going to make another 5 minute scarf out of the shirt she gifted me, but when I saw that the shirt and tank  were the same color I thought no, I am making a ruffled tank.   Now, I am not going to lie, this was a little harder than cutting the sleeves out of a sweater, and  I am no 
sewing expert by any means.  This was a Litttttle more challenging than the other projects, but I love a challenge.
The tutorial is below.



Tutorial


I took my gifted shirt and cut it into strips.
 Then I folded them in half and hand stitched it to make the ruffles.




I made about 4 strips of ruffles.

I placed the tank on a flat surface and placed the ruffles on it in different patterns,  once  I found the pattern that I liked I pined it


Then I opened up the ruffle and sewed them to the tank with my sewing machine.

It took me about an hour to sew all the ruffles on.

And That is it.

Now, I just have to style it with something, mmmmmmmm

6 down 46 to go!
Click on the Picture and you can get all the details about 
Project Re-Style!

See you  Next Monday!!
Have a Wonderful Night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites