Thursday, May 19, 2011

No Sew, T-Shirt Vest.

Super Easy, No sew,  T-Shirt Vest. 
Naming this,
The Sarah Vest.
I don't know about you, but I have been seeing these vests everywhere.  
My sister  always has such cool ones.
Cute, easy, and comfortable, vests like these are a really adorable way to layer and change up an outfit. Wow!, and it only cost me  $3.00. ( I bought a pack of 3 ,v neck, t- shirts for $9.00 )  Now I can make one in  every color and it won't break the bank.  
I made a basic White one this time, but I think a black one is next on my list.  
Go design crazy, use your imagination,  add things like pretty ribbon, or ruffles, buttons, chains, flowers, really experiment, that's the fun part.
Tutorial
Things You Need


 1. Fold the t shirt in half, to find the middle~ I ironed  it to mark the middle~ or you could mark the middle with chalk.
2. Cut  on the red lines.
 3. After you cut the main cuts, you are going to have to trim it down a little more, like the shirt  in the picture above.

4. Trim 6, one inch strips, of t shirt material~ I used the sleeve~ and tie  the shirt as shown in the picture above.
Two up around the collar bone , and Four in the back.
5.  I stretched the material under the arm and around the neck to make the material curl.

and  with that,
you are done with the basic vest.




Now you can change this up any way you want.
I am still thinking about how I want to make mine different.


I Re-Styled the  Vest,
HERE  
take a look.
 Some other easy Vests I made are on the links below.
A Scarf vest HERE 
and  another no sew T-Shirt Vest HERE.
I also have a Re-Style tab at the top of this page. 
You can click on that for all my other Re-Styles.
Have a Wonderful Thursday.
<3
Anne

Linking to




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites