Friday, May 20, 2011

New Chandelier

 Happy Friday Everyone. 

This is  little DIY I did for  Meredith,  over at her amazing blog,
Welcome to Heardmont. 

Meredith and I have been blogging friends since our blogs were  weeeeee little babies.
She and her husband just returned from Paris and WOW, did their trip look spectacular. They are also re- doing their home, and taking us though every step.  
She has such amazing ideas, and spectacular taste.
You definitely need to check out her Blog.
This is just a re- post of a fun Easy DIY chandelier I did for my kitchen, to replace the old one I had up over the Holidays.

Check out how I did my First  DIY Chandelier,
HERE

Well Christmas has come and gone and I was in desperate need to change it  into something  that was Bright and Springy.

So I made this.


Tutorial

Things you need
1. Hemp
2.Old Christmas lights, All the ones that burn out. 
3. Wooden dowel 
4. Gold paint and paint brush

First I painted the wooden dowel Gold and let dry.
Then I cut 35 pieces of hemp about 3 feet long.  (I varied my lengths because I wanted the lights to hang at different heights.)
Then I tied the lights to the hemp~ one each end.
Then I tied the ropes to the dowel.





  And that is it!!
Hang it where you would like.
I think this would look nice in front of a  window with the light shinning through it.
YAY!
it is Friday.
I hope yours is Magical!
<3
Anne  
Linking to

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites