Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Men's Shirt to Halter, DIY

After I made my Re-Style this week,  I was left with a pitiful, sleeveless, men's shirt.  I went directly to the internet and started to search ideas.   Then I remembered that Keira, from the Blog A Pretty Penny, had posted a Re-Style about a Halter made out of a men's shirt, HERE. She, in turn, got this fantastic idea from, Christina, and her cute  blog~ 6 petals, Here.   I thought this would be an excellent idea for my poor over sized, sleeveless shirt. Just look how sad my shirt looks, down below, before the Re-Style. 
Seriously, it needed some love.

 Tutorial
Things You Need.
1. Men's shirt
2. Scissors
3. Sewing Machine
4. Large safety Pins

 Take your scissors and cut from the arm pit to the top collar, like the picture above.

Then on the back, cut out  from the arm pit straight across to the middle leaving a 5 inch band, do that on both sides.


 Try on the shirt inside out and pin under your arms to make the shirt fit, then pin all the way down. I darted on the chest area, to take out extra material.
Try on the shirt again after you have sewn it to make sure it fits.  Now is the time to make any corrections.
Once you like how everything looks, you can trim all the excess material.
and Iron.


Then I attached the braid to the top.
  I ironed and hemmed the arms, to make it have a finished look.


OLD

NEW

And now you have a new shirt thanks to  
Thanks Girls, for such a great idea.
<3
Anne
Linking to


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites