Friday, June 17, 2011

DIY, Dyed Denim


Half Dyed denim~ LOVE it . So I decided  to experiment.
 Phase 1
Red



I needed a pair of beachy shorts.
I did these in red at first. The funny things is, after my daughter saw these, she wanted to also dye her cut offs,  but she wanted purple.  I just so happen to have some blue dye,  so I mixed it in with the red and we made her a pair.
Now, hers are that ridiculously short version, but she assured me this was beach attire and for hanging out  around the house. But her's are really cute. 
Love the color.


Phase 2
Purple

I was truly excited when
H, decided she would pose for me.



 After I saw this color, I decided to re- do my jeans this color.
Phase 3

 I also decided to do a pair, half purple.
 Phase 4

Super easy 
Tutorial

Things You Need
1.Old jeans, or shorts you already have
2 Scissors
3.Rit Dye
4. Pot 
5. Rubber gloves
To make different colors
  • Magenta (fuchsia, rose, bright pink): Magenta can't be mixed from other colors. You will have to buy it.
  • Red: Add a small amount of yellow or orange to magenta.
  • Orange, Schoolbus Yellow: Mix yellow with magenta or red.
  • Yellow: Yellow can't be mixed from other colors. You will have to buy it.
  • Lime Green, Chartreuse: Add a small amount of green or turquoise blue (cyan) to yellow.
  • Green: Mix turquoise blue (cyan) and yellow.
  • Teal Green: Mix turquoise blue (cyan) with a small amount of yellow or green.
  • Cyan (turquoise blue): Cyan can't be mixed from other colors. You will have to buy it.
  • Blue: Add a small amount of purple or magenta to turquoise blue (cyan).
  • Violet-Blue: Mix magenta with cyan or blue.
  • Purple: Mix magenta with a small amount of cyan, blue, or violet.

1.Put hot water in a pot, Mix your color with the rit dye, add to the water. (I did Red and Blue= Purple)
2. Wet your jeans
3. Dunk your jeans up to the line you want(wearing gloves)
4. Let sit for about 2 minutes
5 .Raise up your jeans about an inch for another 4 minutes
6. Fold your jeans in half.  Raise  up your jeans again so there is only an inch left. ~At this phase  I let the them sit for about an hour.  I wanted them dark at the very bottom.
7.With your gloves on, rinse out all the dye, until your water runs clean.
8. Take a towel roll them in it, and squeeze all the water out , then hang out to dry or throw them in the dryer.
You are all done 
and you have new fun summer jean shorts..

Happy Friday Everyone!
<3
Anne




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites