Monday, July 4, 2011

Project Re-Style #26 Denim Vest

Well wonderful friends, I have made it to the half way point of my Project Re-Style challenge. Twenty six Re-Styles down, 26 to go.
WOW! I cannot believe it.
Thank you all for sharing this journey with me,  and if you are just joining in on the fun,  I do a Re-Style project every Monday.  As always, all the details about Project Re-Style will be at the end of this post.
.
Today's Re-Style  is a Denim fringe vest. 
I had so much denim left over that I really needed to think of something to do with it.

 Inspiration

HERE

Tutorial
Things you need
1. Denim jeans
2. Sewing Machine
3. Scissors
4. Old vest or a vest pattern
5. Ribbon or rope
6. Chalk

 Take your vest and trace out the sections on  your denim jeans with chalk,
then cut them out.

 stitch your pieces together.
 I also stitched extra stitches around the edges of the vest.
 I cut out  15 circles with some extra denim,
folded them into triangles and stitched them to one side of the vest.


 I made a button hole and added some ribbon to tie it together.


 Cut fringe all the way around the bottom.



And with that, you are done. 
You could also take an old denim jacket or vest and do the same thing.

26 down 26 to go
Click on the picture for all the details about 
Project Re-Style.
I hope everyone in the States had a wonderful Fourth of July.

<3
Anne
Linking to

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites